- They don’t really understand fibromyalgia. This illness varies so much and treatment plans are different for everyone, so there’s just so much they don’t know yet!
2. You will more than likely lose friends because you can’t go to everywhere and do everything that you used to!
3. They don’t fully understand how to treat fibromyalgia, they think that what will work for one person will truly work for everyone!
4. There will be people who don’t believe you about your pain, they may think that you are making it all up, because you don’t look sick!
5. They will more than likely say your other issues are a symptom of fibromyalgia!
6. That this illness effects every part of you and your life, not just your body! It will effect you work, social, love life and your friendships!
7. They won’t tell you that the medications won’t always work! That you will more than likely gain a lot of weight because of those medications!
8. They don’t tell you about the sensory overload, the sensitivity to light, sounds, smells!
9. It’s hard for people to understand how much energy and effort it takes to do the most simple tasks! That getting out of bed and showering and getting dressed can completely wipe you out!
10. They don’t tell you all the other connected issues like depression, anxiety, ibs and more!
11. That you will never get good quality sleep, even with the sleeping pills. Even if you stick to a sleep schedule of going to bed at the same time every night!
12. They won’t tell you that sometimes natural supplements and remedies are the better than the medications the doctor gives you! They for sure won’t cure you, but they can help relieve some of the symptoms!
13. How what you can do one day, you might not be able to do the next day!
14. They don’t realize how hard it is to have this illness and how disabling it can be, because you don’t look sick!
15. How the depression can be awful. Grieving the life you used to have, and the things you aren’t able to do anymore.
16. They don’t tell you the range of emotions you will face, the grief, the anger, the guilt of feeling like you let everyone down, and fear of not knowing what your future will be like!
17. They don’t tell you that going out and socializing will use up so much energy, even just the car ride there and back is very hard on you!
18. The you will mix up and forget words and they don’t know it because of fibromyalgia!
19. That it takes days to recover from holidays, the cooking, cleaning, socializing, ect!